Traveling is fun and relaxing especially when you are with your favorite pet. If you are traveling by air, choosing airline approved pet carrier would be the first thing that you need to consider. Airlines have strict policies on animal travel. You have to make sure that you get a carrier that is approved by the rules and policies of the airlines. In this way, you will save time, money and effort. Aside from considering that particular aspect in travelling with pets, you also have to make sure to choose the appropriate pet carriers that will make your cat comfortable.
Here are some guidelines in choosing the right one for your pet:
1. Before you buy a carrier for your pet, consider to measure your pet's size. In this manner you will have a guide and an idea what size and kind of carrier you will buy.
2. If you have time, ask the airline company regarding rules and regulations in flying with your pet. This will give you the idea on where your pet will be placed, whether in the cabin or in the cargo. This will also provide you knowledge on their rules when it comes to flying with your pet. Calling the airline ahead of time will make things easier for you and avoid regretting of doing the wrong thing afterwards.
3. Get a flexible airline pet carrier. Airline will require that your pet can stand and move around in the carrier. Placing your pet in a small carrier will make them feel uncomfortable.
4. Pet carrier should also be waterproof and has plenty of ventilation. It must also have secure zippers and fasteners, an absorbent pad and a durable padded shoulder strap. This will avoid inconvenience to your pet and to other people or other pet cargos. This will also make you feel comfortable and at ease carrying your pet with you.
5. Make sure to have a tag where you can write your contact information. This will make things easier if ever your pet will get lost.
Also remember, before you take the flight, train your pet first. Most pets will do anything to keep them out from the pet cage. It would be much easier if you introduce them to its carrier one month before the flight. This will make your pet feel at ease and comfortable.
Now that you know how to choose comfortable and relaxing airline approved pet carriers, then you now have the idea to get the best one. Just remember these simple guidelines to avoid spending too much of your time, effort and money.
Emybag is a supplier of pet carrier, if you are looking for portable pet carrier, expandable pet carrier, pet crate, travel carrier, pls check out at emybag.com for a quick quotation.